brown/pink

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catching you up to speed....

I have decided that if I am going to be blogging more often that I should let people into my life. This past year has been a whirl wind of changes. Back in November my parents decided to move from Northern Michigan to Bentonville, Arkansas to be close to their three daughters where we all live. My parents are retired and were having a rough time living in northern michigan, so to all of our delights they moved down here. I am the middle child. Christy is oldest-10 yrs older than I and Ashley youngest-4 yrs young than me. I offered my house to our parents to live until they figured out a plan on what they are going to do in Arkansas. My parents moved out in December to an apartment. They hated the apartment. They didn't like the fact that the apartment was so small and their were people everywhere. To my shock, in May, my parents informed us that they had planned to move back to Northern Michigan within the next couple months. Needless to say, I was upset and dissapointed. My parents thought their plans were sealed until the week before and they find out that their plans fell through. My parents no longer had a place to stay. So I offered our house to them again. Long story short, they asked to stay with us for atleast 6 months. This is going into month 2 and things are starting to get interesting. Going from my husband and I to two more people brings obsticales and intersting stories. In a way I feel that the roles have been reversed I am now the parent. Strange how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment